Learning Leadership the Right Way
Our guest today is Tim Rahschulte, Chief Learning Officer at Evanta. Tim is also a Professor at George Fox University’s School of Business. He is also a prolific author on topics of leadership, organizational change, and strategy.
Tim has a diverse background and a wealth of leadership experience in both the for-profit and non-profit world. Tim started in corporate finance managing the cash and investment activities for a $3 billion company, dozens of bond indentures, and average daily investments of $200 million.
After earning an MBA, Tim entered the consulting field and that led to a couple of venture funded start ups. Following his startup experiences, Tim began his teaching career and at the same time consulted for the government, where he served as a principal executive manager leading large-scale system change initiatives and business transformations.
Important leadership lessons from this show include:
- The importance of recognizing leadership is a social journey
- Techniques and tips for leaders early in their career
- The art of leadership and how to improve the entire ecosystem
- How to distinguish yourself as a potential up and coming leader
- Leading global project teams
- Non-profit vs. for-profit organizational leadership differences