The Art of Trust and Leadership
In this interview Niel offers a laser-focused perspective on the art of leading people and building capability in others. Niel has a passion for the development and delivery of innovative technology, providing exceptional customer service, and building great teams. He loves nothing better than seeing his IT teams grow and succeed.
Niel has a long career specializing in leadership positions, typically in turnaround roles. His strategic and tactical alignment model significantly improves returns on technology and business initiatives. He has a passion for helping others deliver on what he calls the dual role of enterprise IT: 1) Enable strategy and 2) Achieve operational excellence.
Niel’s degrees include:
- MS in Engineering from MIT
- BS in Physics from Utah State University
- MBA from Utah State University
Some of the things you will learn in this podcast include:
- How to build trust with your people.
- The qualities sought after in future leaders.
- Pitfalls leaders ought to avoid.
- The art of developing future leaders.
- How to build a strategy that creates competitive advantage.
- What to know about leading technologists.